The American Gold Eagle was first released in 1986 by the United States Mint, the same year as the Silver Eagle. The Gold Eagle is 22 karat gold and struck in four denominations: $5 1/10 oz, $10 1/4 oz, $25 1/2 oz and $50 1oz. The Gold Eagle represents the US Mint’s most popular investment and collecting option for modern coin collectors. A three coin anniversary set was sold by the Mint in 2006 and featured the first ever burnished and reverse proof Gold Eagles. In addition, the burnished American Gold Eagle was sold individually between 2006 through 2008 and again from 2011 through 2018.
- SKU#: 134582018 W $50 Burnished Gold Eagle PCGS SP70 First Strike Flag Label$1,999.95
- SKU#: 134592018 W $50 Burnished Gold Eagle NGC MS70 Early Releases$1,999.95
- SKU#: 120462016 W $50 Burnished Gold Eagle NGC MS70 Early Releases$1,949.95
- SKU#: 116552015 W $50 Burnished Gold Eagle NGC MS70 Brown Label$1,975.00
- SKU#: 114622006 $25 Gold Eagle NGC MS70 First Strikes Red Label$1,299.95
- SKU#: 118031999 W $5 Gold Eagle Unfinished Dies Error with W PCGS MS69$1,250.00
- SKU#: 118021999 W $5 Gold Eagle Unfinished Dies Error with W NGC MS69$1,250.00