2020 Cook Islands $1 Lost States of America 1oz Silver Proof High Relief State of McDonald NGC PF70 Ultra Cameo First Day of Issue Joel Iskowitz Signature
The States That Never Were Are the Coins You Gotta Have!
Everyone knows that the United States of America is comprised of 50 states. These days it’s hard to even imagine the nation any other way. But from the start in 1776 with the first 13 states all the way up to Hawaii becoming the 50th state in 1959, the country’s history has witnessed numerous attempts to establish alternative states that, had they been successful, could have drastically changed the map of North America. To bring that history to life, the Cook Islands has released a “Lost States of America” coin series.
Created by U.S. Mint Designer Joel Iskowitz
To bring this series to life, the Cook islands turned to award-winning artist Joel Iskowitz, a prolific coin and medal designer from New York, who designed more than 50 coins and medals for the U.S. Mint while part of its Artistic Infusion Program from 2005 to 2018. A student of history, Iskowitz based his designs on the unique stories of these Lost States of America.
Legal-Tender Proof Coins
In addition to quarter-sized clad proof coins designed to complement the U.S. Mint’s 50 States Quarter program, the Cook Islands has also released $1 legal-tender silver dollar-sized coins that were struck in a full ounce of highly pure 99.9% fine silver. Using Coin Invest Trust’s (CIT) Smartminting® technology, the High Relief detail is so lifelike you’ll almost think you’re witnessing history as it unfolds in your hands! Plus, each coin comes in gorgeous Gem Proof condition, meaning they were all expertly crafted from hand-selected planchets, polished dies and multiple strikes to produce beautifully frosted details rising over mirror-like fields.
The Lost State of McDonald
Here you can secure the fourth release in the series from 2020; The Lost State of McDonald. This “state” was an unrecognized territory with its own provisional government that existed briefly in 1961, when it attempted to secede from the state of Missouri. The reason for this attempted secession was the omission of popular resort town Noel, Missouri from maps printed in 1961. The coin’s obverse features a profile of a Native American wearing a full headdress, while the reverse depicts an elk to represent the Elk River which runs through McDonald County.
Your coin will come protected in a pouch ready to join your collection. These coins are an ideal way to expand, augment and put an exclamation point on your U.S. Mint 50 State Quarters and America the Beautiful Quarters programs. Click this impressive proof to your cart today!
- THE LOST STATE OF MCDONALD – This 2020-dated coin is the fourth release in the Cook Islands’ Lost States of America series. It pays tribute the Lost state of McDonald and features a portrait a Native American on the obverse and an elk and miniature portrait of Queen Elizabeth II on the reverse.
- CIT SMARTMINTING® TECHNOLOGY – This coin was struck with Coin Invest Trust’s (CIT) Smartminting® technology to create incredible High Relief (HR) detail.
- STRUCK IN HIGHLY PURE SILVER – Each 2020 Cook Islands Silver Lost States of America – McDonald Proof was struck with a full, ounce of highly pure 99.9% fine silver and measures 38.6 mm in diameter.
- LEGAL-TENDER COINS – These One-Ounces Silver Lost States of America – McDonald High Relief Gem Proofs are $1 legal tender in the Cook Islands, a self-governing island nation in free association with New Zealand.
- GEM PROOF CONDITION – Your 2020 Cook Islands One-Ounce Silver Lost States of America – McDonald High Relief Gem Proof was crafted from hand-selected planchets, polished dies and multiple strikes to produce frosted details rising over mirror-like fields.
- LOW LIMITED EDITION – The maximum limited edition for the 2020 Cook Islands One-Ounce Silver Lost States of America – McDonald High Relief Gem Proof has been set at just 25,000.
Featuring a state that never was, this 2020 Cook Islands One-Ounce Silver Lost States of America – McDonald High Relief Proof is a coin you just gotta have!
Pre-sale item. Expected ship date is .
|Year of Issue||2020|
|Label||Joel Iskowitz Signature Label|
|Pedigree||First Day of Issue, Joel Iskowitz Signature|
|Weight||1.000 troy oz (31.103 grams)|